Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's examine them. In this way, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to set up a website, mail accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a particular span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally inapt explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the load between individual packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share an enormous number of pics with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your e-mails. Some suppliers offer site hosting solutions for sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you desire to create an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to manage as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to possess a website. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At WebServices101.guru, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for specific content exclusively.